Monday, August 21, 2006

The Daily Scribe » Blog Archive » Interview: Reb Chaim HaQoton of Reb Chaim HaQoton

See my interview at The Daily Scribe » Blog Archive » Interview: Reb Chaim HaQoton of Reb Chaim HaQoton. Here's a small quotation from the interview:

3.) Why is your Orthodoxy so important to you?

I view myself as the continuing link in a chain lasting already a few millenia. I can trace my teachers and their teachers, and their’s, all the way up to Moses who received his tradition all the way from G-d at Mount Sinai. I’m just continuing this line of tradition, called the Mesorah, and I hope to teach it to my children and students to continue the everlasting tradition of the Torah. The Reform and Conservative live a fake Jewish life, they don’t live Jewishly, they don’t live the Torah. They just affiliate with the Jewish movement, whatever that means. They don’t seem themselves as bound to His laws, and some of their prominent leaders do not even beleive in G-d. I wholeheartedly beleive in HaShem (”the name” of G-d). I wholeheartedly beleive the entire Torah was given by HaShem to Moses at Mount Sinai.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...